Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Final Days in Scotland

I left Scotland on December 14 wishing I could stay a little longer. It has been a great semester. The picture above is the debate chamber - we were given a tour on our first day, then watched daily as various issues were debated here. I particularly enjoyed First Ministers questions - I wish greater accountability among politicians would be introduced into the American Political System.

Here we are with John Fellows. It's been good to work with him - I've enjoyed the association with him that the interns get working in the press office. He is sharp, persitent and devoted to the Party and it's cause. He took us all to lunch and we talked about future careers and the things we had learned in Scotland.

Here we are, hard at work. You can see the newspapers in the foreground, one of them marked with a yellow sticky note. We spent a lot of time copying articles that mentioned the SNP. That's part of the Press Office job - it's important to know what people are saying about the party.

This is just a random picture. We actually did some filming on our last day about the highlights of Scotland. I think Nichole snuck a photo. I gained some great work experience and living in Scotland was a blast - I highly recommend that university students get out and see the world!

On our last Monday at work, we invited some friends from the ward and went to the restaurant at Parliament - very nice and very reasonably priced. Here are the interns with some of the people in the ward we got to know - what an awesome group!

I highly recommend practicing a lot before playing pool with Tom Cruise.

Well, that's it for my Scotland Blog. Did anyone actually read all this stuff?


2 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Mudricky said...

Did someone read it? I read it. :)

I live in Elderslie... it's a small place where nobody really knows about it.

I am glad you enjoyed your time in Scotland and hopefully in the future you will come back to visit.

Good luck with your future.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Nic2u said...

Hi John,

Fantastic blog, and glad to see that you did actually get to Rosslyn Chapel!

Sorry I didn't have much time to say goodbye, very rushed. However it really was nice having you around the office and I always enjoyed our chats. I still have some of your briefings to forward for you & Rich so keep reminding me!

Anyway better go (it's 9.06am)and I really should start pretending that I'm working!

Please stay in touch!

Nic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home