Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Hello Lamp Post, Whatcha Knowin?


This is the Apollo Victoria Theater right outside of the Victoria Station - a very classy theater. I thought it looked nice at night. Okay, so I took the picture after I watched the musical, Wicked, currently running here. I bought tickets on Monday morning and Emma and I sat in the front row. What a show! London is great just for that, there are so many musicals to see! We all saw another play, 'The Woman in Black,' on Saturday night - this would be a good one for a high school drama class. This next picture is the Natural History Museum. We stayed at a hostel just down the street from here, and I spent much of my Sunday Afternoon looking at dinosaur bones and admiring this awesome building. I felt like a kid again, seeing all the dinosaurs I used to have play figures of. Tri-ceratops, Allisaurus, Stegasaurus... I can't help but think of whether they really lived or where they came from. Anyway, on to the next picture.

We went to the Tower Bridge at night - Tiffany took this amazing picture. It took us hours to figure out which tube station we had to go to to see it, but we finally made it and it was well worth the trip. This isn't the London Bridge, by the way, it's the tower bridge, that is an important distinction. Walking around London at night is great - especially with all the lights on the Thames. By the time we were ready to go back, we had to take a bus because the underground was no longer running. It was a long night. This next shot is me and Buckingham Palace. We went on Tuesday morning for the changing of the guard - it's worth going to see at some point, and having done years of marching band I appreciated the diffulty of marching in uniform and playing an instrument. This was the last thing I did in London before heading off to Oxford to spend the day with Christoph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home