Friday, October 20, 2006

SNP Conference












The SNP held their conference in Perth this past weekend, and we drove up to spend Friday afternoon listening to speeches, meeting party members and getting pamphlets from the political groups that descend on such events.

"Do we not remember McDiarmid’s words? 'Scotland Small?Scotland small? Our multiform, our infinite Scotland small? Only as a patch of hillside may be a cliché corner to a fool who cries ‘Nothing but heather!’ Scotland’s only small to those who think small. It’s time to think big." These are the words of Alex Salmond, who will become First Minister should the SNP form a government next year. He spoke on Friday to a full auditorium, and his passion for Scotland and for the party's potential was electric. I do not agree with everything the SNP wants to do, and I'm not quite certain about independence, but I see a lot of potential for them next year and that's exciting.

You have to really look for me, but I just made it into this picture with Alex Salmond. DId you find me? Rich and I are standing in the backround. Liz, Nichole and Tiffany, though, met him and got this great picture with him. He seems to be personable and sincere. Hearing his speech was by far the highlight of my conference experience.

1 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Liz Braithwaite said...

Sorry you didn't get in the picture John! I truly am.

Liz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home