Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Arriving in Edinburgh



This is the Castle Rock Hostel. Rich Wood and I arranged to stay here; other students had stayed for extended periods, and were able to work to get cheaper rents. After a few days, we were looking for somewhere else. Long term hostel living just isn't for me!



I arrived at the Castle Rock hostel in Edinburgh without my luggage on a rainy day. My bags arrived in London, but didn't make it to Edinburgh. It turned out for the best - my bags were delivered the next day directly to my hostel! After arriving, I decided to set out and explore the Royal Mile. I saw the trail up to Arthur's Seat, the hill next to Holyrood, and I couldn't resist! This is the view of the new Parliament building from the trail. Some people have said the landscape layout looks like a giant tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home